ClearSale, the Florida-based ecommerce fraud-protection company, has announced a new on-demand webinar to help online merchants better understand the expectations of ecommerce consumers.
The free webinar, “What Your Online Customers Expect Now,” walks viewers through the most important insights uncovered in the company’s recently released report, “State of Consumer Attitudes on Ecommerce, Fraud & CX 2021.” The survey covers shoppers’ online experiences between March 2020 and March 2021, encompassing the seismic changes that occurred in consumer habits and expectations during and following the pandemic.
The webinar analyzes and interprets the data points from the survey, and shares key takeaways that will help retailers tailor their ecommerce solutions and experiences to better meet the demands of today’s consumers, notes ClearSale.
Key findings from the report include:
- 13% of respondents made their very first online purchase during this time, likely due to pandemic lockdowns/precautions.
- Among veteran ecommerce users, 78% increased their frequency of online shopping after March 2020, with more than half saying they shopped an extra time or two a month.
- Nearly half of respondents shopped both locally and internationally.
- 82% said they wouldn’t shop with a merchant again if they experienced fraud on the retailer’s website.
- If a consumer’s purchase is falsely declined, 40% will never shop with the retailer again, and 34% will take to social media to complain about the company.
“Whether it was necessity or convenience, there’s no denying that the events of the last few years have made consumers more comfortable shopping online,” says Rafael Lourenco, EVP and partner at ClearSale.
“But that doesn’t make a retailer’s job easier – in fact, quite the opposite,” he continues. “For instance, protecting customers from fraud while ensuring that legitimate purchases go through is a tall order, but failing to do so can really hurt a brand’s reputation. This webinar puts actionable insights into retailers’ hands so that they, in turn, can create better, safer and more seamless ecommerce experiences.”
ClearSale worked with research firm Dynata to produce the report, which pulls together data from more than 5,000 online shoppers aged 18 and up and evenly distributed across five important regions: the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the U.K and Australia.
Interested retailers can register for the free webinar here.