The North American Hardware & Paint Association (NHPA) has announced its 2023 Young Retailer of the Year honorees.
The NHPA’s recognition program is designed to identify and promote the next generation of aspiring independent home-improvement and paint retailers, and recognize individual achievement by retailers 35 years of age or younger throughout the United States, its territories and Canada. Selected from different retail categories, honorees are chosen based on criteria including career accomplishments, community involvement, ongoing education within the industry and extracurricular activities, the organization states.
The 11 honorees for the NHPA 2023 Young Retailer of the Year awards are:
- Ryan Clouse, Clouse Family Ace Hardware, Oscoda, Michigan (multiple stores)
- Austin Diehl, Randy’s Do it Best, Virginia (multiple stores)
- Scott Fines, Fines Home Hardware Building Centre, Ontario, Canada (multiple stores)
- Michael Gleason Jr., Gleco Paint, Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania (multiple stores)
- Travis Hellvig, Hartford Building Center, Hartford, South Dakota (over $3M in annual sales)
- Matt Lambert, Nation’s Best, Oklahoma and Texas (multiple stores)
- John Luhring, Parkersburg Hardware and Garden Center and Allison Hardware and Floral Center, Iowa (multiple stores)
- Dalton Meny, Meny’s True Value, Indiana (multiple stores)
- Katie Prus, Abbotsford Paint and Decorating, Abbotsford Commercial Paints, Chilliwack Decorating Centre and Garrison Village Paint and Decorating, British Columbia, Canada (multiple stores)
- Jessica Talerico, Old Lyme Hardware, Old Lyme, Connecticut (under $3M in annual sales)
- Zane Watkins, Village Hardware, Hatch, New Mexico (under $3M in annual sales)
The NHPA will celebrate the 2023 Young Retailer of the Year honorees in a reception at the 2023 NHPA Independents Conference, on August 2-3 in Dallas.